"Mission-Critical" Hermetic Sealing with 1x10-7 Leak-Rate Performance
Hermetically-sealed interconnects used in vacuum or high-altitude applications prevent moisture and other contaminants from damaging sensitive electronic equipment. Glass-to-metal hermetic sealing has been the gold standard in the aerospace and petrochemical industries for decades due to the strength and long-term durability of the materials used. But glass-to-metal seal hermetics come with a big price tag in both weight and electrical resistance.
CODE RED is an innovative sealing encapsulant and application process — invented by Glenair — that provides durable hermetic sealing in a lightweight aluminum package. CODE RED allows for the use of conventional gold-plated copper alloy contacts, significantly improving electrical performance. CODE RED hermetic connectors are available now in Glenair SuperNine® (D38999 Series III type metal and composite), Series 80 Mighty Mouse, and M24308 D-Sub; and deliver reliable, life-of-system 1x10-7 max leak-rate hermetic sealing. Special non-magnetic (zero residual magnetism) versions are also available. Hermetic fiber optic receptacles and bulkhead feedthrough connectors for vacuum applications, pressurized bulkheads, and pressurized equipment (box) housings are also now available using the CODE RED technology. Glenair hermetic seal fiber optic connector technology incorporates both redundant O-ring sealed termini and signature CODE-RED hermetic encapsulant, consult factory.
- Hermetic Connector Technology: Glass-to-Metal Seal and Lightweight CODE RED Hermetic Solutions
- CODE RED Lightweight Hermetic Connectors for Mission-Critical Applications
- 806-028 Mighty Mouse Mil-Aero Connectors - CODE RED Aluminum Hermetic Receptacles, PC Tail / Series 806
- Hermetic Connectors - Military QPL and Commercial Connectors for Harsh Environment Air-Tight-Seal Applications
Download CatalogCODE RED Hermetic Sealing
Lightweight, Low Resistance
- Full hermetic sealing, 1x10-7 in a lightweight aluminum shell with low electrical resistance gold-plated copper contacts
- Meets NASA outgassing requirements, as well as aerospace temperature and corrosion resistance standards
- Operating temperature -65°C to +200°C
- Available today in Mighty Mouse 806 Mil-Aero, M24308/9 D-Sub and D38999/23 glass-to-metal seal hermetics
- Significant weight savings—up to +50%
- Order-of-magnitude improvement in current carrying capacity and electrical resistance compared to Kovar/Inconel solutions