D38999 Series III, the Industry Standard QPL Mil/Aero Connector Backed by Glenair Service and Availability
MIL-DTL-38999 Series III Connectors are the most widely specified connectors within the mil-aero industry — and for good reason. Developed for reliability, the MIL-DTL-38999 Connector Series III triple-start mating thread prevents galling and cross-threading while providing quick disconnect (single-turn action) to engage self-locking, grounded, metal-to-metal coupling. The Series III features accessory threads and environmental sealing for reliable attachment of backshells. The scoop-proof shell design protects crimp-removable contacts from damage. Integrated plug-to-receptacle grounding and shell-to-shell bottoming delivers 65dB minimum shielding at 10 GHz. A wide range of contact sizes, supported wire and insert arrangements IAW MIL-STD-1560 are available.
Glenair is the first qualified supplier of high-density size #23 contact arrangements for MIL-DTL-38999.
DLA QPL MIL-DTL-38999 Connectors Series III and IV available from Glenair
- Qualified environmental connector plug, as well as jam-nut, and square flange, box mount, wall mount and solder mount receptacle connectors
- D38999 Series III Environmental Series Slash Sheets: D38999/26, D38999/24, D38999/20
- D38999 Series III Hermetic Series Slash Sheets: D38999/21, D38999/25, D38999/23, D38999/27
- All 1560 crimp-contact insert arrangements for MIL-DTL-38999 Connector Series III fully supported, including the new G29 arrangement.
- The first supplier qualified for high-density size #23 contact arrangements: Insert 23 for shell sizes A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, and J (see also)
- Commercial-equivalent Environmental and hermetic versions available with plating classes IAW MIL-DTL-38999 Connector Series III
- A 100% made in America interconnect: No foreign sourced materials, component parts, or assembly labor employed
MIL-DTL-38999 Connector Series Technical Reference
- Product Selection Guide
- MIL-STD-1560 Standard Power and Signal Contact Arrangements for Environmental and Hermetic Connectors
- MIL-STD-1560 High-Speed Contact Arrangements - Pin Front View for Environmental Connectors Only
- MIL-STD-1560 Combo Contact Arrangements - Pin Front View for Environmental and Hermetic Connectors
- Space-grade Guidelines for Commercial Part Numbers
- MIL-DTL-38999 Connector Series III Recommended Panel Cut-Outs
- MIL-DTL-38999 Connector Series III Main Key and Keyway polarization
- MIL-DTL-38999 Connector Series III Environmental and Hermetic Material and Finish
Contacts and Tools
- MIL-DTL-38999 Connector Series III Pin Contact Selection Guide for Environmental Connectors
- MIL-DTL-38999 Connector Series III Socket Contact Selection Guide for Environmental Connectors
- MIL-DTL-38999 Connector Contact Crimp and Installation Tools
- MIL-DTL-38999 One-Stop Shopping and Outstanding Availability
- MIL-DTL-38999 DLA Qualified Manufacturers List and Other D38999 Qualification Information
Engineered Solutions and Exotic Derivatives
High-density, push-pull, lanyard release, high temperature, ground plane, compliant pin, zero extraction force, thru-bulkhead, space grade, gender changers, modified flange, or any other modification needed to solve a complex interconnect challenge.
Liberal policies on NRE costs, minimum order quantities and delivery schedules.
Download CatalogMIL-DTL-38999 Connector Series III and IV
MIL-DTL-38999 Connector Series III Environmental
Standard environmental-class MIL-DTL-38999 Series III connectors with DLA certification are now manufactured and supplied by Glenair. These industry standard connectors are ideally suited for the broad range of harsh environmental land, sea, air, and space applications and are backed with Glenair's industry leading service, support, and availability. Marked with D38999 or Glenair COTS part numbering, these environmental crimp-contact connectors are available in plug, jam-nut and wall mount receptacle shell styles. Standard material and finish classes are supported including W (Cad/O.D. over Electroless Nickel), F (Electroless Nickel), T (Nickel-PTFE) and G (Space-Grade Electroless Nickel). Contact arrangements per MIL-STD-1560 and both normal and alternate polarizations are fully supported. Best of all, defense and commercial aerospace customers, as well as land and marine engineers and procurement specialists may now specify these mission critical interconnects directly from Glenair — the recognized service, support, and availability leader for the interconnect industry.
MIL-DTL-38999 Series III Hermetic Connectors
Hermetic-class MIL-DTL-38999 Series III connectors are also available from Glenair with DLA certification. These hermetically sealed connectors are ideally suited for harsh environments where the environment exists under vacuum and must remain free of air or gas impurities via the ingress of foreign chemical substances. Such systems may be susceptible to the condensation of corrosive material, dielectric breakdown and the loss of insulation resistance between conductors. Typical applications include medical, geophysical, military aerospace and other industrial applications. Marked with D38999 or Glenair COTS part numbering, these hermetic class receptacles are available for MIL-DTL-38999 Connector Series III and IV in box mount, jam-nut, solder mount and weld mount shell styles. All standard material and finish classes are supported including Y (CRES, passivated) and N (CRES, electrodeposited nickel). Contact arrangements per MIL-STD-1560. All standard and normal and alternate key and keyway polarizations are fully supported. Best of all, defense and commercial aerospace customers, as well as land and marine engineers and procurement specialists may specify these mission-critical MIL-DTL-38999 interconnects directly from Glenair — the recognized service, support, and availability leader for the interconnect industry.