Providing Space-Grade Interconnect Solutions Since the Earliest Manned Space Flights: from lightweight Micro-D and M24308 D-Sub Backshells (ESCC 3401/072) to high-performance braided shielding.
At Glenair, we understand the highly-specialized mechanical, electrical and optical performance requirements for data, video, and control communications in exoatmospheric vehicles. Space-rated interconnect systems require specialized materials processing and precise mating interfaces. Size and weight reduction are additional key requirements. All are Glenair strengths.
Space is one of the most severe environments imaginable. During launch, spacecraft and their payloads are shaken violently and battered with intense sound waves. Earth's atmosphere has an insulating property, but spacecraft operating beyond this layer of protection are subjected to shock, vibration, temperature, corrosion, and acoustic stress factors which can damage mission-critical systems.
Temperatures in space can range from extremely cold — hundreds of degrees below freezing — to many hundreds of degrees above, especially if a spacecraft ventures close to the sun. Temperature extremes can generate stress in metal, glass and polymer materials and potentially lead to cracking or other failures.
At Glenair, the overriding concern for space-grade interconnects is reliability. When millions of dollars worth of equipment is at stake — not to mention invaluable human cargo when brave and talented women and men take flight — the interconnect components we manufacture have to work with assured reliability and safety every time.
On This Page...
Glenair Product Line
Space-Grade Micro-d Backshells and Accessory Hardware
- Solid Shell Lightweight Aluminum EMI/RFI and Strain-Relief Backshells
- Solid Shell Ultra Lightweight Composite EMI/RFI Backshell
- Solid Shell Lightweight Aluminum EMI/RFI Backshells, Elliptical Entry
- Split Shell Lightweight Aluminum EMI/RFI Backshell, Elliptical Entry
- Lightweight Aluminum Saddle-Bar Type Cable Clamp Strain Relief Backshells
- Other Micro-D Connector Accessories
Space-Grade M24308 D-Subminiature (ESCC 3401/072) Backshells and Accessory Hardware
- Solid Shell Low-Profile Flange Lightweight Aluminum, Trapezoidal EMI/RFI Backshells
- Solid Shell Standard Flange Lightweight Aluminum EMI/RFI Backshells
- EMI/RFI Split-Shell Standard Flange Banding Backshell with Removable Banding Porches
- Split Shell EMI/RFI Backshells with Variable-Length Shroud for Connector Protection
- Lightweight, Low-Profile Backshells for Glenair Signature Series 28 Hiper-D High-Performance M24308 Intermateable Connectors
- ESA/ESCC-to-Glenair Part Number Cross-Reference
- Glenair Improved Designs for Removable-Entry and Cable Clamp Rectangular Backshells
Armorlite™ Lightweight Shielding and Grounding Technologies
- Standard Banding Tools and Bands
- ArmorLite™: microfilament nickel-clad expandable stainless steel EMI/RFI braided shielding
- ArmorLite™ Aircraft Utilization Analysis
- MasterWrap™: flexible, lightweight wraparound EMI/RFI shielding and abrasion protection
- ArmorLite™ Mesh Tape: flexible, lightweight woven solution for spot EMI coverage and repairs
- Mesh Tape, Nomex®: flexible, lightweight woven solution for spot mechanical/abrasion protection
Proven Flight Heritage Space-Grade Interconnect Showcase
- Space-Grade Complex Cable Assemblies
- Pyrotechnic-Free Space Mechanisms / Series 06 HDRM
- HD Stacker™: High-density, solder-free, PCIe-ready board-to-board stackable connectors
- Latching MicroStrips™ / Series 171
- SpaceWire Cable Assemblies
- Micro-D Connectors / Series MWDM
- Nanominiature Connectors / Series 89
- Space-grade M24308 intermateable HiPer-D Connectors / Series 28
- Mighty Mouse Mil-Aero Connectors / Series 806
- Next-Generation Ultraminiature Rectangular Connector / Series 791
- SAV-CON®: Connector Savers and Bulkhead Feed-Thrus
- SuperNine® Blind-Mate Connectors
- Space-Rated Lanyard-Release Quick-Disconnect Connectors
- Circular and Rectangular Backshells and Connector Accessories
||Brief history of Glenair space-grade design-ins
Complete vertical integration of manufacturing resources — at home in Southern California since 1956
Mission-critical interconnect technologies for the UK and European markets with a special focus on micro and nanominiature flex assemblies
Glenair Italia serves harsh-environment military, nuclear, rail, and industrial markets with power, high-speed Ethernet, hazardous-zone interconnects and more.
Space-grade interconnect harnesses and ESGE test rack systems for satellite applications — ESA certified