The Battle-Tested C4ISR Smart Hub and Cable Solution
Integrated Soldier Power / Data Hubs are Personal Area Network (PAN) hub and interconnect systems providing network data access, peripheral connectivity and smart battery power management for dismounted soldier C4ISR electronics in Digitally Aided Close Air Support (DACAS) missions, including precision targeting, tactical radio communications, real-time video downlink, night vision technologies, GPS/navigation, blue force tracking, personal computing and smart phone integration.
Core capabilities of a soldier-worn PAN hub may include:
- Ethernet networking
- USB compatible peripheral support
- Software-defined radio support
- Common interconnect interface
- Charging and battery power management
Ruggedized soldier-worn electronics have revolutionized mission effectiveness. But the evolution of integrated C4ISR technology for the Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) has added significant mission weight to the soldier ensemble. Battery power management for this broad range of integrated electronic gear is a significant challenge in terms of mission time, weight and supply logistics.
The Glenair integrated STAR-PAN™ soldier data hub and power distribution system enables soldiers to make the most of Personal Area Network (PAN) devices – improving situational awareness, surveillance, intelligence and reconnaissance.
Glenair JTAC-Tough™ STAR-PAN™ technologies optimize power monitoring, conditioning, and distribution performance with on-board smart power management for longer missions and lighter loads. Importantly, all STAR-PAN™ technologies, from the high-density Glenair Mighty Mouse quick-disconnect connectors and cables to the low-profile hub enclosure itself are designed for optimal size and weight reduction as well as ruggedized mil-spec caliber and battle-tested environmental and EMC sealing and shielding.
Multiport Power and Data Hubs for Digitally Aided Close Air Support (DACAS)
- Versatile 2 and 6-port USB high-speed hub configurations
- Compatible with USB 1.1, USB 2.0, and SMBus
- Embedded power charging/conditioning electronics in all designs
- Smart power monitoring for longer mission life
- Robust circuit protection
- Sealed IAW the MIL-STD-810 harsh environment standard
Glenair's Tactical Interconnect Solutions team is backed by six decades of proven, made-in-America interconnect industry performance in service of US and allied armed forces.
- JTAC-TOUGH™ STAR-PAN™ System Overview
- STAR-PAN™ Capability Diagram
- In-house Embedded Subsystem and Tactical Interconnect Design and Fabrication
- STAR-PAN™ Power Distribution / Charging Architecture
Related Glenair Catalogs
STAR-PAN™ USB Hub / Power Distrubution Systems [ 11 MB pdf ]
Related QwikConnect Newsletter and Catalogs
New Interconnect Technology for Modern Soldier SystemsJanuary 2015 [ 6 MB pdf ]
IPC-6012/6013 Class I, II, III, Types 1-4